Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Birthday Getaway Part One - Wild Hearts

I mentioned before that my husband and I had a little weekend getaway to celebrate both of our birthdays (mine was Friday and his was Saturday). We both LOVE to travel so we decided to treat ourselves to a road trip to Santa Fe! We had a 10 hour drive to get there, so a loooong time for Jason to be stuck in the car with yours truly. I have a tendency to sing to all of my favorite songs, really loud, and WAY out of tune.

So after a lot of songs and much singing (and Jason wincing), we crossed into New Mexico a.k.a. Land of Enchantment. Yes!

Then we almost got into an accident.

As we're driving along, admiring the scenery, the car in front of us suddenly slammed on it's breaks and came to a dead stop. As Jason followed suit, a huge herd of wild horses was galloping across the interstate right in front of us!!! In all of the trips I've taken to the southwest I have always wanted to see a wild horse and never got the chance. Then on this trip, out of NOWHERE, there is a huge herd of them. When I least expected it. I think God knows I love surprises!





 My one wish would have been to get pictures of them from a closer view point. They are so fast that by the time we got the car pulled and I had safely scrambled across the road, I had to use the zoom lens to get any decent shots. And as you can tell they still look very far away, but I'm just thankful I had the opportunity to experience them in their natural habitat.

A very fitting birthday present indeed.

3 comments: